Friday, July 01, 2005

Whoo Boy

Well folks,

Unfortunately, I don't have a tonne of time. However, to prove I'm not ALWAYS political and rant-y... I thought I'd throw THIS article up.

Da Vinci Painting

I think it's really an interesting story about art, and how the Master's used to do many dodgy things to avoid spending money. We always think of the "Grand-Masters of Art" being these rich old men that had assistants to do everything for them, and yet... They'd do stuff like re-use a canvas to save money. Funny that.

The reason I find this story a BIT funny, is that they've been checking out this painting a bit, and I wonder if it's for real academic reasons, or if it's because the paintings figured prominently in "The Da Vinci Code" by Dan Brown.

I'll leave that up to you.

I'm on my way to get ready for my Fiancée's Graduation Ball... Fiona will of COURSE bury me when it comes to looking spiffy, but I'm going to look DAMN good in my kilt.

Slànte, and have a good weekend... See you all on Monday.

-- T