Saturday, May 24, 2008

Gah... Two weeks... What is he THINKING?

Hello fine readers, Tuckmac here, feeling a bit sheepish. I have been making a real effort to write here at LEAST once a week. And here I am, two full weeks, fourteen days, finally making a new entry.

I give the same reason many other's do. Work. It's been kicking my tail lately. And when I'm not doing my job, I'm trying desperately to pick up the ragged threads of my own art career, and get out and make photographs.

And when I'm not doing THAT, I'm cleaning house, or shopping, or taking the dog to the vet, or any other daily fluff that seems to suck so much time out of one's life.

And when I'm not doing THAT, I'm working with My Lady on our collaboration for her 24 hour performance and media event in July, LINK. (Full disclosure, it's HER piece, of which I am a minor-player, but... I'm keeping up with her as much as I can.)

So, yeah... My plate is a bit full, at the mo'. Does that mean that I still don't have a social life? Well, no... Not necessarily. My Lady and I have been able to hit a few art openings, attend some good live music events, and are able to hang out with friends quite a bit. Don't think that we're some weird shut-ins that never see the light of day, or the neon-lights of the night. It's just that other things (like blogging) tend to get shunted down the list a bit.

All this being said. My Lady is happy, busy, and occasionally frustrated. I'm happy, busy and flustered. But we're hanging in there. It would be nice to see a light at the end of a tunnel, but it's not approaching too soon. On top of all of this OTHER malarkey, we're also in the process of applying for her PERMANENT residency in the U.S. (She's been 'provisional' for two years now) So, that's more going though paperwork... Photographs, and talking to people about writing letters of support. "Yes, Tuckmac and His Lady ARE actually living together as husband and wife... Blah, blah... Blah."

So.

That's it in a nut shell. Hopefully our family and friends that read this blog will have their impatience assuaged by this short missive... And I promise.... I'm still occasionally collecting links from across the inter-web, and will try to assemble a "Linky Day Wednesday" soon.

Smiles from across the pond, or in your back-garden...

-- Tuckmac

Labels: