Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Finally we can rid the world of evil

We all know what the nuns used to call the "hand of the devil" or LEFT handed folk... Don't we?

Well... They finally found the gene that may cause "Left-handedness." (Article from the BBC)

I love this one:
    "The Oxford University-led team believe carrying the gene may also slightly raise the risk of developing psychotic mental illness such as schizophrenia."
See???? Lefty's really ARE infected by the Devil!

Note: I am being sarcastic. If you don't know me, you may think that I'm being serious. That would be wrong. I am NOT being serious. Okay? I'm not. Thank you for your understanding of irony. Or at least... You're attempt at understanding irony.

My uncle was a Lefty. The nuns tried to 'change him...' It was all a bit strange, that. Anyhoo... They don't do that anymore. At least I hope not. I'm not actually sure that they don't still try to 'change' a Lefty into a 'Righty' in today's age... I mean... How many kids actually still have nuns teaching them? By the time I was in High School... (A long time ago) I only had two nuns as teachers. Everyone else there was a lay-person-type-Catholic School teacher. Even when I recently taught at a Catholic high school, there was a nun. But only one still teaching.

It's really sad, actually. I mean... Kids today just don't have the fun of the ruler on the knuckles, or the rules about black-patent leather shoes... ('cause they reflect UP) or my personal favourite, told to me by my mother (a life-long Catholic school girl) that girls should never say the word 'guts' to a boy, 'cause it would make him think she was a dirty-nasty type of harlot.

(After hearing this, my mother supposedly went up to one of her brother's friends, and said, "Guts, guts, guts, guts, guts... Well... Am I a loose woman?" To which the friend replied: "Um, no. Uh... What?")

((This was back in the mid 60's, and I'm fairly certain the friend was a bit 'altered' as it were...))

Back to the story... Obviously, since they found the gene, entire generations of nuns in heaven are singing the praises of scientists on Earth, for discovering the "Satan Gene" and now we can screen against it, and make sure no more children are infected by the Devil.

Great news, huh?

-- Tuckmac

Labels: ,