Saturday, February 09, 2008

It's time for some cheese-sandwich

In addition to a brief 'catch up' in Tuckmac's life, I'll also throw a few links up, hmm? Kill two blogs with one entry, so to say.

Okay...

It's cold. Let me preface my entry with the fact that it's BLOODY cold. There are polar bears outside my window saying, "Holy crap. It's damn cold out here."

Supposedly, this is the last really cold snap of the year. Well, I should bloody-well hope so.

(If you haven't noticed, Minnesotans tend to start kvetching more about the winter once we've hit mid-February. The Winters in Minnesota are long, and it gets tiring.)

Today was so cold (with really frigid wind-chills) that I honestly lost my breath... I tried to inhale, but some weird autonomic-response mechanism in my brain WOULDN'T LET ME. It was spooky. And cold. But I digress.

It's been a busy week at work, culminating in 'Trustee Day Friday' yesterday. That's right... The "All High and Mighty Gods" of the place I work for, rained down upon us. It's rather strange, really... To see folks that generally are the 'ruling elite' of the College start running around like chickens with their heads cut off... Getting ready to show the "Trustees" just how wonderful the place is doing... Och weel... As far as I can tell... Most of us (including the Dean's office, and the President's office) are going a marvellous job, and so... Yeah. But it's still a bit tense.

My Lady has been working her tail off the past couple of weeks we've been back from Britain. And yeah... Work from the gallery has been up there, but... Man... She just became the Assistant Manager at the Best Pub in Minneapolis and thus has been working really hard to make the pub work even better than it does. If you know Fiona, you'll know that she's unable to do anything but throw 100% of herself towards a project. It's a gift of hers that she's not ONLY able to do so (thus looking really good) but somehow enjoys doing so.

Yeah... That's about it for the catch-up. We work... We sleep... We walk our fuzzy-headed dog... And that's the sum total of our lives.

There's more to life than that. But for the moment, we're not able to go 'there' yet. But we will eventually.

Um... Yeah. So... I thought I'd also do a "linky-day Wednesday" for all of you, especially since it's been a while. Some of these links have made their way around the "inter-tubes" for a while, I'm sure... But I'm also FAIRLY sure that I haven't linked to them yet. It's actually getting hard to remember what I've linked to in my 'special posts' and what I have YET to link to... So... I want to throw out a brief... "I'm sorry I'm a git" if I double-link to something. Now, that being said... On with Linky Day Wednesday (Saturday edition):
  • This is a serious 'brief' from what I'm assuming is an academic paper. Yeah, sounds a bit dry, but... This person also goes further than I've seen OTHERS go when it comes to explaining the way men and women THINK through their speech patterns. It was a fun read. I should say right here and now... I'm not like the 'men' in this article. But then... I'm a bit weird.
  • I have to 'geek out' occasionally... I know that most of you don't do Mac, nor do you 'do Leopard' but... If you DO, check out this Link, if you don't... Do not bother.
  • My Lady turned me on to this web-video from JibJab, but all my readers deserve to see this too, if they haven't already. It's funny. Sad. True. But funny.
  • Quick on-line joke... But as My Lady and I just returned from one HECK of a lot of airline-travel time... It was apropos.
  • Okay... Silly flash game thing, but... Squishing beans was strangely satisfying.
  • Last one for this entry... And it's a serious one. Sorry... Don't mean to end all 'serious' on you... But after returning home from across the pond... And because of some of the conversations I had with folks over there... I had to put up this screed by a writer who is able to capture my feelings better than I am able to personally write them. I'm here, folks... And no... I'm not pissing off YET.
Well... That's it for this week... Stay tuned...

I'm not going anywhere...

-- Tuckmac

Labels: ,