Monday, August 15, 2005

Busy, yet accomplished weekend.

Hello readers...

I've had a very nice weekend. I have somehow balanced a busy "art-work" sort of weekend working on my final show... And also had a nice "social" weekend with my friend Rob and of course Fi over the course of the weekend. It was nice.

Okay... I've finished photo #8 and I'm half-way finished with photo #9, hopefully will finish IT today, and that leaves both Tuesday and Wednesday to finish the final piece for the show! I'm good. I also found a place (thanks to my friend Lex) that will do the mounting for me, and thus... I'm almost there! Almost an MFA. Yay me!

On to fun or disturbing (depending on your outlook on life) here's a few links to get your brain spinning and leaping with neuron-firing excitement.

On the NY Times Opinion/Editorial page there was this entry, by Paul Krugman: "Social Security Lessons". It's about how the Bush administration will actually lie through their teeth in order to get the American people to follow along with their plans. My favourite quote from the article?

"In addition to misrepresenting his goals, Mr. Bush repeatedly lied about the current system. Oh, I'm sorry - was that a rude thing to say? Still, the fact is that Mr. Bush repeatedly said things that were demonstrably false and that his staff must have known were false.

Wow... Politician's lie? I had no idea! {snigger}.

I did a quick little bitch-session about this earlier, but here's a "British" take on the whole "Georgie Bushie and his love of all things Creationist."

"A question of creation"
A POINT OF VIEW - By Harold Evans

It's a very well balanced and slightly tongue-in-cheek look at American's and they're seeming LOVE of breaking their own 1st Amendment.

Finally, the big news for the weekend, of course, would be the "Historic Pull-out of the Gaza Strip by Israeli Settlers."

Like other's before, speaking of the IRA, and how they rather doubt things are going to turn out well... I feel that this "historic pull-out" is fraught with danger for the future, as well as a heck of a lot of hope. BBC Article from the front-page of the web-site.

Folks, American's are blamed by many in the world to be the biggest "Zionists" around... Always supporting the Israeli's over the Palestinians, and generally causing a heck of a lot of tension in the Arab world.

To let you all in into Tuckmac's brain.
1. I sympathise with the Jews in Israel, and I get why after WWII the "West" helped to give them a homeland.
2. Although I sympathise, I'm still not sure it was a good idea. Only because we DID actually take away someone else's homeland, specifically the Palestinians.
3. If Israel has to be there... Then they should NOT be taking any more bloody land from the land-poor Palestinians.
4. It's about fucking time, the Israeli's pulled out of the Illegal settlements in the Gaza Strip and I hope they pull their equally illegal and poorly thought out settlements in the West Bank!
5. I don't understand the Israeli Settlers, and their cause, and I think they're ignorant shits that should MOVE their asses!
6. No matter what... I do not agree with the Palestinian's own suicide bombers... Terrorism is SHIT, no matter what the circumstances.

Okay... That's if for today folks...

I have to go chew on some furniture to calm down, and then get back to work on my piece.

Slànte - T