Wednesday, November 02, 2005

Fun news day kiddies!

First, I'd like to point out that participating in the NaNoWriMo month of November, attempting to write a 50,000 word "novel" in 30 days is definitely the most insane thing I've ever tried to do. But I'm almost to the 3000 word mark, it's only the beginning of the second day, and, heck... It's sort of fun.

Yes, I am insane.

Anyhoo... Fun news day, really fun. Occasionally, I'll read something on-line that sums up pretty much everything I say over the course of five or six months. I find myself extremely jealous of these reporters/editorialists. But I'm also just such a fan I could spit. So:

Matt Frei, the BBC correspondent for Washington D.C. writes a great little piece on my President. A quote:

"The president may once again - in his own words - be "mis-underestimated". But for now it is only his tenacity that gives reason for optimism."

Ah, bless 'm. Mis-underestimated. Thank you Mr. Bush for continuously making a joke out of my country. At least you're amusing. Wait, no you're not. You are still a scary fucker. Read the article for even MORE interesting news about my President here: "Bush's second-term gambles yet to pay off"

Chirac seeks to calm Paris riots. Mr. Chirac, perhaps if you didn't relegate you're poor and dispossessed immigrant population into slums, and take away their religious rights, and "fart in their general direction" then the Islamic Youth of your slums wouldn't have to riot. Sorry, but the way the French have been dealing with their Muslim immigrants is just disgusting, and... You reap what you sow.

Mick has done a nice job of kvetching today about certain issues, so I don't feel like I need to keep going on and on about Bushy and his Bushies... But... Mr. Wilson, husband of the "outed" CIA agent, Valerie Plame wrote an editorial letter today, and it's worth reading. It brings to mind many, many arguments against our current government, and the one question that I have for my President, and his cronies, is this:

For an administration that touts our freedoms, our responsibilities, and our place in the world... Don't you think that deliberately compromising our national security by outing an agent of our intelligence force was a treasonous act?

I do.

--T