Tuesday, March 21, 2006

Gah.

Hi readers... Well, it's about 12:20pm (CST), as I write this. I didn't get out of bed until 11:30am (CST).

That's right... I was in bed all morning.

Weird, huh? At least for me. I'm a "morning person" in ways that make other people sick. (Three years of teaching High School MAKES you a morning person. Trust me... Having a class full of 14-15 year-olds at 8:00am is a mind-bending experience) But there IS something that makes even a "morning person" like me, stay in bed till almost noon.

That, my friends, is insomnia. I was still awake at about 5:30am this morning, and I just couldn't get to sleep. I actually heard my mother (yes, My Lady and I live with my mother... Yeah, we can't wait to get out) get up this morning for work, and I finally dropped off.

I HATE when my brain refuses to go to sleep. It isn't something that happens very often to me. I have studied enough esoteric meditation religions, that normally, if I have a problem going to sleep and turning off the brain, I just meditate for an hour or so, and can then relax enough to sleep. However, last night... Nothing was working. Gah.

SO...

Yeah, I've been awake for about an hour, and I have nothing really to talk about today. Sorry... I just don't have time to do the "trolling the internet for things that amuse/disgust/or bother" me.

My Lady and I are going to be working on the Motif Radio show today (she's already at it)... I'm co-producing this episode, and am really excited. I've recorded my photographer-friend Brett making comments about contemporary photography using Skype (he's on a Fullbright in Italy) and we're going to be doing a pretty interesting show! Yay! Wonderful thing, Skype. Internet telephony is an amazing technological advance! On Sunday, Fiona spoke with her father in England for an hour, for FREE. Yesterday I spoke with Brett for a half hour, in Italy, for free! This is a revolution, folks.... Get on it soon! You'll notice I have a Skype "CALL ME" button on the right-side column of this blog... Feel free to USE it! It's free! Duh!

Okay... I'm off... Sorry about the naff-ness of today's blog entry.

Adiós!

Tuckmac