Thursday, August 24, 2006

Hi readers... I have news... Really good news...

First, before I get to the news... I want to throw up a little photo that My Lady made for me, of me at Pizza Lucé in Downtown MPLS:



Okay... So... The news.

I didn't want to "jinx" it, so... I didn't mention that two weeks ago, I was called by a wonderful guy that works in an extention of the I.T. dept. in a small liberal arts college in Southern Minnesota. He called, in answer to an application for employment with his department. I had HEARD of the job from a very good friend that works at this little college... (Thank you SO much, super-networker, Joann)

We set up an interview for Wednesday the 23rd (yesterday).

I met with him and his "partner" guy for an interview and "lunch."

I thought that the interveiw went really well, and I came home very excited. Again, I didn't want to "jinx" it... So... I didn't mention anything about the interview to anyone...

Anyhoo... The "guy" said that he would call me on Monday (28th of August) with the news of either acceptance or regret.

He didn't call Monday... He called TODAY!!!

I have been offered the job, and I have accepted the job.

I am now employed.

I start on the 1st of September.

I am jumping with joy.

Yay.

That's it for today folks.... Have a "good-un!" I know that I am.

Smiles,
Tuckmac