Wednesday, August 02, 2006

Well... The heat-wave is over

At least for us "Midwesterners" and only for the moment. Typically, August is our worst month. But with 19 days of above 30°C (90°F-sorta) weather in July... I can't say that I'm looking forward to August. For the record, it hit 38°C (102°F) on Monday, but my back garden reader DID actually hit the "BBC" forecasted 42°C (107°F).

Man was Monday a scorcher.

Moving onward:

I don't know if I've linked to this one before, however, even if I have it's worth revisiting: Dance Monkey's Dance It's a "YouTube" link, so... Fast internet connection preferred.

Dude... You know, My Lady and I did a "wedding on the cheap" when we got hitched... Although our artist friends that attended are probably still paying down their credit cards. However, it really was a cheap wedding. We held it in My Lady's little village... Ceremony in the villiage kirk, and reception with food prepared by my mother-in-law and a friendly bar-woman who ran the cash-bar for us on the cheap, in the village hall.

My Lady and I still think that it was by far the best wedding we could have ever dreamed of having. Seriously. Anyhoo... To the point, I suppose: Check out this story from Reuter's: Shredded Euro Confetti Scandalizes Town. And yeah... Shredded Euro-notes for confetti is what it's talking about. Makes me sick.

Finally... A story that's making it's rounds today on various and sundry news-readers... There's a "survey" that talks about how women would prefer a plasma-T.V. compared to a diamond necklace, etc... Psst... Chicks Dig Technology. What I think is funny, is this quote:
    "People make the assumption that women are not as advanced as men when it comes to technology and I was surprised at the parity men and women now have in terms of technology" - Geraldine Laybourne, chairman and chief executive of Oxygen Network
It's like... Duh... Women get technology? Man... If people heard the discussions that My Lady and I have over a pint... You'd be shocked. She knows more about technology than I do. Not only that... It's really not that surprising to me. You see... I understand where the market may be surprised. Men, traditionally, have been the buyers of new technology. Why? 'Cause it's all about having the newest and "bestest" new toy. Women, however, actually take a bit of time to learn about technology before they go out and buy it. Women tend to be a bit more savvy than us guys.

Okay... I'm off for the day. Have a "good-un"

-- T