Monday, July 31, 2006

Mea Culpa

Mea Culpa, Mea MAXIMA Culpa...

I know that I was making fun of the Europeans about the "heat-wave" stuff... And I've since found myself suffering the "heat-wave" here in Minneapolis... So...

Sorry.

Today is meant to be the hottest day in 10 years in the Twin Cities. The humidity is meant to be ABOVE tropical... And as one of the meteorologists in the Cities said... It's hotter here than in Baghdad.

That's hot.

That's fucking miserable and soul destroying.

From the Beeb 42°C:



Now, the Beeb seems to think it's going to get hotter here than WE do... Most forecasts are calling for around 38°C (101°F). But you know... I'm not going to quibble with the temps... Anything over 30°C is downright uncomfortable.

I went looking for a "kiddie-pool" for the puppy. He's half Newfie, and heat isn't friendly to a dog from Canada. However... They've all been sold out. I went to 17 different stores yesterday. Gah. I tried to make a "make-shift" sort of pool using a tarp and a low-point in the back garden. It didn't really work. So... I'm stuck today with hosing him down occasionally. Poor little darling.

Fiona and I will just have to suffer thorough. However, this heat is meant to break late tonight and into tomorrow with highs forcasted at 30°C (according to our guys) and after upper 30°C's all weekend... It's going to be lovely.

Okay... Just a couple of linky-doodles today...

Funny Flash animation:
Core Values Training

And 'cause I'm constantly taken to task for my varied and occasional lapses from "American English" to "British English" and back again in this blog, I found a fun resource for my readers:
English to American Dictionary

And 'cause America has a few "quirks" in it's legal system, and they tend to be funny:
Strange Laws

Okie-dokie folks... I'm off to try to "beat the heat" so, wish me luck.

-- T