Friday, September 29, 2006

Strange "Fun Friday" link-able commentary...

'Cause, you know, like, um... It's been a while.

Honestly, there was just SO much news today, that I couldn't help it.

Just for background:

Woke up this morning, it's a Friday, and I don't actually WORK on Friday... Which is a really nice feeling. But... We're "sans-newspaper" at the house-sit. GAH! Now, most of my readers know, I'm a newspaper hound. At my 'rent's house, I get the The Fascist Folio and the New York Times. Well, at the house-sit... NADA! And frankly, it's been killing me. So... I get up this morning, pour a cup of joe, and have a fag (that's a cig to my Yank readers) and... Decide, hell... It's not that long of a walk to the Super America up the street. They usually have the New York Times, or at least the Fascist Folio, which, compared to the St. Paul Pioneer Press, is a godsend. Anyhoo... They didn't have the bloody Times... So I picked up the Star Tribune, oops... I mean, Fascist Folio. Went home, and frankly, enjoyed the newspaper. That's not saying that I enjoyed the news... Well... I'll get to that in a minute. I am pretty upset about most of the news, but... Then some of the news was interesting, and rather ironic... So... I'll put up a varied mix of links today, okay?
  • We, in the United States of America have decided to violate the Geneva Conventions, common law, and morality by passing a bill for the Prez Dumbshit so he can torture people all he wants. Great! I'm so proud to be an American, and to join OTHER forward thinking countries like Indonesia, Jordan, Saudi Arabia, and others... In torturing and punishing people without due process of basic human rights! Yay AMERICA!!! New terror legislation on the way and Senate OKs new rules for U.S. treatment of terrorism suspects
  • 'Cause I tend to meander, and rant, and I just can't really write a good political commentary before rendering my brain down to mush, I'll link to this guy more often... He wrote a great blog entry on the Terrorism Bill, and it's what I WISH I could write. Thanks BigDaddyMalcontent.
  • Not to stop there... (Here's the ironic news of the day) The Twin Cities have just nailed down the Republican 2008 Convention! And what are we pissed off about? The fact that the media has been saying that "Minneapolis" is getting the convention, when it's actually being held in St. Paul! Ger... Damn "Fly Over Country" confusing the national press... Tee hee.
  • On that note, here's a funny... Corey Anderson at the City Pages has a great How do you know the Republican Convention has come to town? I laughed, I cried... It was better than Cats, I want to see it again, and again...
  • Good news... For Liberals, anyway... Judge rules gay R.I. couple has right to marry in Massachusetts. Now... It's only 'cause Rhode Island still hasn't "specifically banned" gay marriage in other states, like most states have done. See... The problem, is that if you get married in, say, Minnesota... Other U.S. states obviously have to accept your marriage as "legal." But... Since Gay Marriage is SO BAD, and only a few states are "allowing it" well... It's wreaking havoc with our entire country. So... Most states, Like Mass. Have made the law allowing gay marriage with a small caveat. If you're gay, and you live in Mass. And stay there... You can be married. However, if you're from another state that "outlaws" gay marriage, then you can't go to Mass. and get hitched if you're in a same-sex relationship. However... A judge found a "loop-hole" and the world is smiley. Well... I'm sure R.I. will take care of that oopsy fairly quickly. Can't let the faggots have equal rights with the rest of us "god-fearing, mullet-wearing, Christian-rightist, I hate the gays-talkin' FUCK heads... Oh no...
Well. That's enough for today, right? I think so. I hope you all have a marvellous weekend, and I'll be back, loud and proud later. Not sure "when" later... But later. Not tonight. But maybe tomorrow. Or maybe not. I don't...............

-- Tuckmac