Sunday, December 31, 2006

On the final day of 2006...

Hello Readers, and happy LAST DAY OF 2006!

So... On the last day, I decided to do a "sum up the year" in a weird Meme sort of thing that I've adapted from Chris Cope, who originally discovered the idea from his friend Crystal. If you're wondering WHY I'm doing an "adaption" as opposed to the original "meme" idea, well... It's 'cause I realised that if I actually did the meme, it would resemble:
  • Gah!
  • Crap
  • Shit
  • Well readers
  • I have a thing that I have to say
  • sonuvabitch et al.
So... I adapted the meme for ME to be: Take the first 'understandable' sentence/paragraph from the first post of every month in 2006 and I hope you enjoy the results. I should warn you, they still really don't make that much sense. On that note, here's the list:

January 2nd, 2006
Okay, after my rather cynical and depressing New Years message, I've sort of recovered. Well... A bit.

There's still a tonne of things to get over, and do, and I admit to being a bit frightened by them all. You see... I've done this before.

February 2nd, 2006
Man, was I a MESS yesterday. Grandfather of all hangovers. Gah. Man. I'm okay today, though... Thank all the gods.

March 3rd, 2006
Happy Lent, everyone. Gah.

All right... Why do I read the The City Pages Blotter every day? Because of wonderful little links like this one: If Microsoft packaged the iPod video... (Link not available anymore.)

April 1st, 2006
Okay... So, if you're vaguely internet-savvy, or if you just troll around occasionally... You've probably heard/seen/watched the Saturday Night Live "short film" entitled "Lazy Sunday" or "Narnia Raps" or the "Chroni-WHAT-cles of Narnia."

May 1st, 2006
Seriously... A "quick" one... "A cheese sandwich blog" today...

June 1st, 2006
I actually AM profoundly tired. I like that description. It's so much more than just "very" or something... The word profoundly just seems to carry so many connotations, that go beyond the simplistic adjective.

July 2nd, 2006
Okay, most of you "regular readers" know that I'm an artist. And I have characteristics (or clichés) that are endemic to many OTHER artists: My brain tends to wander quite often... I find myself daydreaming, or planning out a composition of a scene that is unfolding right before my eyes, all whilst my friend is discussing the latest fresh produce at the farmer's market.

August 2nd, 2006
Well... The heat-wave is over, at least for us "Midwesterners" and only for the moment. Typically, August is our worst month. But with 19 days of above 30°C (90°F-sorta) weather in July... I can't say that I'm looking forward to August. For the record, it hit 38°C (102°F) on Monday, but my back garden reader DID actually hit the "BBC" forecasted 42°C (107°F).

September 2nd, 2006
Hi folks... Well, I just had my FIRST day at work yesterday (Friday Sept.1). I am really going to like this job. Yay! It was a bit of a whirlwind day... And I have a big learning curve that I have to overcome. However, the people are amazingly nice, and I feel rather confident that all will be great after about a month. Yeah... I know, but there's SO much to learn about this job... But I KNOW I'll be a really good addition to the already great staff.

October 1st, 2006
Occasionally... Well, pretty much all the time... Others say things so much better than I, that I get nauseous.

November 1st, 2006
Yeah, Okay. I know I should be goin' off about the mid-term elections that we have coming up in a week here in the States. I should be saying: "Get out and vote!" or... "Dems 2006" or... "Down with Bush 2006" or something of that nature.

However, at least at the moment, I'm not going to do a post like that. Most of my readers know where I stand on the issues.

December 3rd, 2006
Hello fine readers. Tuckmac here, with a characteristic rant about my Minnesotan government. For the duration of this rant, the Minnesotan government will be called: The Fuggers.


If you're wondering... My New Years Resolution is to not only Blog Better but also to actually write a real sentence at the beginning of each blog!

Have a very happy New Year readers, and I will see you in 2007, only two more years of "The Shrub."

To end the year, a clip from MSNBC from last August. Unfortunately, it's not getting any better...


Happy New Year?

--Tuckmac