Monday, August 22, 2005

After a long weekend.

Well... Not a traditional "Long Weekend" like a Bank Holiday Monday, or something... No, but a long weekend that seemed to drag on and on forever. It's probably because I was silly enough to take advantage of KIAD being open for the weekend, and thus came in on Saturday to do some puttering about the studio.

I don't have all my work done, regardless of the fact that my work is currently being mounted and laminated for the final exhibition... Oh, no... I have to assemble my research. Thanks to Fiona, and several other folks on the course for cutting out relevant articles for yours truly... And from other sources... I am actually not too worried about the whole thing. Nope... The folder that I have set aside for the research part of the course is almost half full already. And I've got quite a bit of stuff to put in it, so... all is well, actually.

Besides that... Um... Nothing much else to report. The wedding goes apace, and things are okay there. We have almost all of the R.S.V.P. cards back... And so we have a handle on guests, we think. A few more things to assemble, but... Fiona's handling most of them (as I did most of the work while she was finishing HER degree, it's only fair) and so we're on top of stuff.

Okay... Funny quiz thing that I got from my friend Rob, and just so you know... Fiona is an AVID Zombie-flick fan. And thus I've been exposed to a few too many Zombie Flicks for the past two years. Normal people MAY not score this high. Fiona, I'm sure, would score much higher than I. Anyhoo... My results:

Official Survivor
Congratulations! You scored 74%!
Whether through ferocity or quickness, you made it out. You made the right choice most of the time, but you probably screwed up somewhere. Nobody's perfect, at least you're alive.



My test tracked 1 variable How you compared to other people your age and gender:
free online datingfree online dating
You scored higher than 55%on survivalpoints
Link: The Zombie Scenario Survivor Test written by ci8db4uok on Ok Cupid


And a few articles, that I think you may be interested in (use BugMeNot.com:

First, In Explaining Life's Complexity... is the second article from the NY Times dealing with questions of "Intelligent Design" and "Darwin's Theory of Evolution." It is a "four" page article, but I think it does a good job of explaining both sides of the story. It's not too slanted towards science and intelligent people, as opposed to moronic Christian fuck heads (oops, did I lose my objectivity? Sorry.)

Okay, and finally a little wee editorial from Bob Herbert in the NY Times Op/Ed page:
Truth in Recruiting

I hope you are amused, and edified by today's offerings.

Wish me luck. I've been sitting in my studio all day today burning my "Photo Library" to disc, and it's taking for FUCKING ever.

Och weel.

Slànte and TA!

-- T