Thursday, September 08, 2005

The day after...

Greetings fellow readers.

Tuckmac has returned to a "semi-normal" life... I say that, 'cause if you actually KNOW me (I mean, outside of the blog) you would know that there is nothing about me that is what a relatively average person would call "normal." I'm not saying I'm weird... But I'm implying it.

Anyhoo... As I stated in yesterday's blog... I'm finished.

At least... With the "school" sorts of stuff. Tomorrow is the Private View (or Opening Reception for my Yank friends) and that's pretty much just a party... Oh... One is meant to schmooze a bit... But in general... It's pretty much just a really fun party. After that... We have the exhibition running until the 15th of September... And so we all have either a day, or more to "invigilate" for the show...

invigilate in·vig·i·late vti
U.K. See proctor
Encarta® World English Dictionary © 1999 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved. Developed for Microsoft by Bloomsbury Publishing Plc.ng Plc.

proc·tor n
1. somebody who supervises students at an examination.
U.K. term invigilator

2. at certain schools and universities, a supervisor in a dormitory
vt
to supervise an examination, especially in order to prevent cheating.
U.K. term invigilate

Encarta® World English Dictionary © 1999 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved. Developed for Microsoft by Bloomsbury Publishing Plc.ng Plc.

I threw those in there, as I don't think that invigilate is the right word for what we do... But that's what they all call it here in KIAD and in the "art scene" in Britain. Which just goes to show that you never really learn a language, unless you actually LIVE the language.

Anyhoo... I'll also be doing some darkroom assisting for a friend of mine and working (sort of) for the Turner Contemporary in Margate, here at the KIAD campus.

I really wanted to put up my normal "ranting" and happy fun-times... But... I was looking through all my normal sites, and the news is basically all about Hurricane Katrina, and the LACK of the proper response by the U.S. Government.

Okay... It's been done. Other people (well, ok I did a bit too) but... Other people better qualified to "rant" have done quite a bit of it, and to be honest... I'm just not going to go there today. It's just getting as much coverage as it really should.

So... I'm putting in a fun picture of Fiona and myself down at the park by our house, just a month ago... You know... Before my life went completely mad with university and examinations, and exhibitions... Gah.



Okay... That's it for today.

I'm not sure if I'll be here tomorrow... As have a tonne to do... But I should actually be able to update sometime this weekend... So....

Watch this space.

Smiles, friends...

-Tuckmac