Wednesday, August 24, 2005

Wednesday Doldrums take 2!

No, actually, it's been okay. But it's only about 50° F outside, and raining. Britain takes a bit to get used to. I've lived here for about two years, and I'm still not used to it. Och weel. The countdown to this blog becoming "The life and times of an ex-ex-pat Yank" has hit the eight-week mark. Hmm...

Anyhoo. The only "truly" exciting thing that happened today, is that I went to Neville at The Pagan's Echo on Wincheap in Canterbury. It's supposedly the best place for a tat in South-eastern England. So... Yeah. The date is set, I get my tattoo at 10:00am BST on September 12th, and a deposit is already paid... Can't pull out of it now! Here's the design that I made, thinking: "Hey, that's fucking cool." and bringing it down to Neville:



Anyhoo... That's all set up. Yay.

Other than that, I have been printing off all sorts of images to use as my "research" for my upcoming examination. Whoohoo.

Finally... There are very few times I come across writing that really grabs me, and shakes me by the scruff of the neck like I was a little puppy. Mick does it sometimes to me on his "Drifter" serial novel... But besides that, not very often.

Well... Jim Walsh from the City Pages did it again.
This Monkey's Gone To Heaven.

I hope you're able to enjoy this article as much as I did.

No bitching today... Amazing, huh?

Smiles, and stay dry, fellow residents of Britain. Gah.

-- T