Monday, September 12, 2005

I'm back, for now, anyhoo...

Hello readers, sorry that I was away so much in the past few weeks... MFA, exams, wedding stuff... etc... You get the deal.

Anyhoo... I should be able to keep up a bit this week... But then, I'm moving to my "soon-to-be" in-laws house... And I'm not sure how often I'll be able to update this site. My "soon-to-be" step father-in-law has WIFI installed in his house, so it shouldn't be 'too' horrible for me to get on-line, but... As my friend Mick has been going through "internet woes" so too will I be.

But, well... Deal. Okay?

Anyhoo... Happier times.

Bush's ratings down to 38% according to the most recent Newsweek poll. Hmm... Wonder why he's back in Louisiana?
Bush Makes Third Hurricane Visit

Came across this article, France Bares All For Sake of Art and just had to go check out the artist's website and look around. The guy was recently in London, and I have to admit (since I go to an art school not far from London, yes... They've changed their name.) I was tempted to go. Sort of sorry I didn't.

And finally... There's been a whole heck of a lot of funny crap happening in Europe due to Political Correctness, but this one takes the cake... Based on the Swiss flag, meaning "neutrality" and it's still NOT a good thing. Talks on new emblem for Red Cross

There... A happy little fun-time post.

For those of you who are interested...

The Private View on Friday evening was really, really... Um... Interesting..

I don't really know how to explain.

I did have a nice time. But it was just sorta strange, you ken? I mean... People that I invited came to the event, I'm fairly certain they had a nice time. I know my fiancée had a nice time... Perhaps they all had a great time...

I had an interesting time, because there was an element of surreal-ness to the evening. I was done. I think that that was the primary feeling that I had. Two years of poverty, pain, work, crap, and uncomfortable lecturing... And I was finished. To be honest... I'm still in a state of shock.

The party was good. I did drink too much... (Not as much as a few of the lecturers did... Tee hee.) but not too much. I danced... I spoke with nice people, evil people, grasping and annoying people, bright-eyed and bushy-tailed new people....

Yeah. Good night.

I took the rest of the weekend off... And I really needed it.

I'm back tomorrow... So please check again... I'm almost positive that I'll be able to get into it.

Okay... That's it for now... Have to do some photo-stuff.

Smiles,
Tuckmac