Monday, June 05, 2006

Worries and fear-mongering, by your's truly!

Some things just got me to thinkin', you know? Anyhoo... I found a rather interesting article in the Rolling Stone Magazine. I admit that it's a very LONG piece, but it's also very interesting, backed-up, and arduously supported in research.

Was the 2004 Election Stolen?

Now, what I find really interesting, is that I had NO IDEA that there were SO many discrepancies in the 2004 Presidential election. Me. I had no idea! ME???!?!?!?!

The article from the Rolling Stone gave me the reasons for my ignorance:
    "Republicans derided anyone who expressed doubts about Bush's victory as nut cases in ''tinfoil hats,'' while the national media, with few exceptions, did little to question the validity of the election. The Washington Post immediately dismissed allegations of fraud as ''conspiracy theories,''(1) and The New York Times declared that ''there is no evidence of vote theft or errors on a large scale.''(2)"

Now... As a firm believer in a "vaguely partisan press" in my country... I've always known that the Wall Street Journal is a 'conservative' paper. However, I mistakenly believed that my 'New York Times' was the foil... The 'liberal' bastion in the U.S. press. Lately, according to many Liberal Blogs (example)... There's been a back-slide by the NYTimes, and I'm getting worried about it. Where are we supposed to get the "Democrat's Side" of issues, if there isn't a "Liberally Slanted" news source?

Anyhoo... Back to this stolen election... Most people in the WORLD know about Bushy and his cronies stealing the 2000 election against Gore.

But what if it's true... That Bushy ALSO stole the 2004 election? What would that mean to our democracy? What is in store for us THIS time around, with the mid-term elections for the Senate and the House of Reps?

There's a groundswell of anti-Republican sentiments in America right now... Dems SHOULD take BACK the Senate, and even the House of Reps... But... If it's true that the Republicans have made voter-fraud a tool in their war against the Democrats... Then we will see, in the face of overwhelming incontrovertible evidence of citizen support for the Democratic Party...

A Republican-sided election win.

Folks... There's a long way to go... November is a long way away. However... I firmly believe that if the Republicans win this upcoming election, it is PROOF that the votes are rigged. PROOF that America has gone the way of OTHER totalitarian states and countries... PROOF that the first democracy of the world, will have fallen.

-- T