Tuesday, December 20, 2005

What a week so far...

Well readers... It's been interesting.

My friend Mick has now finished his Bachelor's degree in Chemistry and Criminal Justice (or something like that) so... Congrats, Mick!

Fiona and I are still working towards her permanent residency in the U.S. It's not fun. Paperwork... Paperwork. The thing we're trying to do at the moment is write letters. Me about my love for Fiona, and vice versa. Do you know how hard it is to describe the love of your life and the meeting, and wooing, and marriage to this person, all on one fucking sheet of U.S. letter-sized paper?

Shit.

A big shout-out to our friend Lex, for the wedding-gift of the Bread machine! WOW! We used it for the first time last night, and 58 minutes after adding the ingredients, we had a fresh gorgeous loaf of onion-bread! (My Lady just brought me two pieces of toast from said loaf... Yum!)

I've quit working at the Mall of America (or the endless pit of despair) this past weekend. There just wasn't time in my schedule to allow for a poorly-paying piece of shite job! My final shift there was 13 hours long... ON MY FEET... And I can't tell you how great it is to let that one go.

Fiona and I are also working on the basement... Creating the studio from which we will work until money is better, and we can get an "out-side" studio. It's interesting... But we've been good at working in the same environment... So that's a wonderful thing.

We bought ice-skates on Sunday. And went skating together at the park down the street from the house that night. Being a Minnesotan... I've always had hockey skates. Well... The new ones are 'grown-up' figure skates... Black, nice looking... Wonderful. But... With a toe-pick. You know, that dangerous little bit at the front of the blade with teeth? Well... There's a film with D.B. Sweeney and Moira Kelly called "The Cutting Edge" where a hockey player learns to figure skate and wins the Olympics with his partner and eventual lover... Well... I love that film. I really do. Anyhoo... During his first time on figure skates... He keeps falling forward and hurting himself, and the Moira's character keeps smiling and saying "Toe pick." and laughing.

Okay... I had a "toe-pick" moment... And it wasn't fun. How the hell are you meant to skate with those damn things on the blade?

Shit.

Finally... Here's a great photo of Monsieur Sorebum kicking it back in the snow... More photos to come!



Smiles,
T