Tuesday, April 04, 2006

Ugh.

Dudes and Dudettes...

Man... Having a job SUCKS!

Well... Okay, that's a bit rough, but... GAH!

Okay... I'm going to be scoring standardised test essays... Right now, I'm in "training" which consists of spending about three thousand years learning to score the way they WANT you to score, rather than the way you normally would (as a former teacher).

It makes sense. As we're meant to give (on a scale of 1 to 4) 4's to people who don't seem to be able to write at ALL.

I mean, seriously... What happened to our educational system here in the U.S.?

It's appalling.

Och weel... It's a job. I don't know how long this "temp" job is going to last... It's meant to run for four to six weeks... But there may be "another" set of essays to grade after this "current" project... So I may be able to extend the run longer.

Heck... I'm getting PAID. So... I really can't complain.

I'm sorry to my "British" readers, as I'm writing this a bit after 6:00 pm (CST) and thus it's midnight in Britain... However... You'll just think I didn't blog today, and read this tomorrow which is really just fine too... No more "uploads" during the day... Not for this "working stiff."

That's all for today folks... My apologies, but I'm knackered.

Love ya!
--T