Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Linky Day Wednesday and a Cheese Sandwich!

Greetings readers... Welcome to another fun day of links and cheese all for your amusement, or chagrin... Depending.

First the Cheese...

Well, after my excitement of finally becoming full-time at L.O.L.A.U., I've now settled into the rather horrific fact that I won't see my first 'full-time' paycheque until August 1st. Oh... The fun of only being paid once a month. But... After August, things will be quite nice at the Tuckmac household. We'll survive till then... Right?

My Lady had her first real shift at Her new job last night. She told me today that she had a wonderful time, and that the staff are actually NICE to her, which after her LAST pub job, is amazing! So, we're chuffed. I went out there last night. No, not to torment her on her first night... But to enjoy the great Music! I talked to a couple of Morris Dancers and I'm seriously considering 'going out for the team' as it were. Yeah, I know it may seem silly to you lot, but I think it'd be fun to dance around like a poof with hankies. (Just kidding Morris Dancers)

I got back to the flat around 11:30pm, and I was thinking I was all wonderful (as I must wake up at 6:00am to get to work on time) but then I went outside for a 'final smoke' and ran into a whole bunch of community members (a.k.a. C.A.L. Residents, and ended up being awake till around 2:00am.

Doh!

So I was a bit slow today at work, but nothing major.

Anyhoo... It's the 'Alumni Reunion Weekend' at work, starting on Friday, and I get to pretty much LIVE at L.O.L.A.U. for the weekend... Doing event set-ups and videotaping of sundry meetings/fun things. I'm sure the reunion weekend is really GREAT for an alum of L.O.L.A.U... But for us 'employees' it's rather nightmarish. Och weel... At least it turns out, I don't have to do Sunday. Thank the gods.

Our flat is ONCE AGAIN a shambles, this time, due to the construction company not 'caulking the joints' of our shared walls. That's right... The reason we can hear everything our neighbours are doing, is 'cause, well... There's basically HOLES all along the top and bottom of the 'shared walls.'

So... We had to move everything we own into the middle of the flat.

We have a LOT of stuff. Gah.

So... The flat is horrific, and we're vaguely cheesed off about the whole thing. Well... I suppose it'll be nice to not hear our neighbours' every word. But the horror... Ach.

Okay... That's enough Cheese... Time for the Linky Day to begin:
  • I'm not showing my wife this particular video (although she reads my blog, so I'm screwed... But...) It's a rather amusing take on it... And it really takes the piss out of blokes, so... I thought it was apropos. How to be a perfect girl friend.
  • This Sign is at OUR coffee shop, I swear! I think it's rather cute.
  • My Lady LOVES zombies, so... this is for her.
  • A GREAT flash comic that I came across... It's aimed 'mainly' at my Yank readers, although I'm sure my Brit readers will also chuckle: Immigration
  • I've seen a number of the 'Bush Speech' edits in my day, and I'm sure you, fine reader, have too. However, I thought... Ehh. What the heck, though ANOTHER one up here, go on Tuckmac, it's not like you haven't totally alienated everyone already... So... here
  • I'm not sure if folks outside the States know of the vague, um... 'slant' found in Fox News but... I thought this joke would pass cultural barriers.
  • Okay, I'm probably going to hell for posting this, but... I'm really only linking to it. Do NOT go HERE if you're a fundamentalist Christian.
  • Speaking of Fundamentalist Christians... And Bushie... Here's an actual graph of the U.S. economy since 1990. YOU decide.
  • Okay, last one... Vintage Ads. Ladies... I wouldn't use Lysol as a feminine hygiene product NOW-A-DAYS! Gah!
Well, I hope you enjoyed the rambling today... Thanks for all the great 'congrats' you folks have given me the past two weeks... I love ya!

Smiles,
Tuckmac

Labels: ,