Monday, October 16, 2006

It's bloody early.

Hello fine readers... I'm back after a rather slight hiatus of fun. What fun, you ask? Work. Lots and lots of work. With my two "bosses" out for the week, I've been 50% video-guy 50% technical guy, and 100% busy! However, I really learned quite a bit from this experience. I tend to be a bit of a "baptism by fire" learner. As long as someone's around to hold my hand, I just can't bring myself to "let go." However, as soon as I'm alone, I tend to "learn" everything at a highly accelerated pace.

And I have. I've done stuff in the past six days that I never knew I could do! It's been a great learning time for me, and I feel really pretty darn good.

That's not to say there haven't been a few issues. One being the hours that I've had to wake up in the morning... I know, boo hoo, right? Well... Sorry, but I'm frankly not used to getting up at 4:30am in order to get to work before 7:00am! That's just a really sick time to have to wake my butt up! Coffee is my friend, but even it's gentle caress can't lift me from my lethargy at 4:30 in the morning.

I think I'm on cup 12 now, and I'm still a bit dizzy. I'm hoping that I get through this "last day" of being the only guy in the department.

It's "term-break" at the moment... Meaning that the students are not here today, and classes are not being held. I'm hoping that that means that my day (after having to get here at 7:00am to set up a conference) is slow.

Other than that news... How about some more cheese sandwiching, hmm?

My Lady and I have had a nice few meals, cooked by yours truly. Last night a particularly grand meal of tilapia in bread-crumbs with a special glaze, garlic-basil mashed potatoes, and fresh organic broccoli. The night before? Chicken in a garlic-celery cream sauce with rice. Hmm... I'm good. My Lady's had to work all weekend (Sat. and Sun) whereas I was "off" which was nice for me, not so nice for her. However, she's now having "her weekend" as she's not working today or Tuesday. I'm also off on Tuesday, which tends to be the only day our "days off" actually coincide. So, I am planning on enjoying at least MOST of the day with My Lady.

Other than that, um... Not much. Sorry... We're both keeping busy with the upcoming performance at the Soap Factory Volunteer's Exhibition. It's mainly My Lady's performance, however, I've been collaborating with her in very limited ways... I sometimes think that being a "domestic goddess" whilst she works is a pretty hefty contribution in itself... However, I've done some writing and recording for the piece as well.

And... Um... Yeah. That's about it for this Monday morning. For all of you who have sent "chin-up Tuck" messages and comments... I thank you. I HAVE survived, you were all correct in your assessment of my abilities. Thanks for the support!

-- Tuckmac