Saturday, November 25, 2006

Links and vids today...

On this Saturday, I have to share simply the best. Right?

Whatever.

No, but seriously...

First, I have to get a bit political... I found a link on my "Huffington Post" side-bar do-hicky today linking to this article:
“Make Sure This Is Accomplished”: Rumsfeld Signed Letter Authorizing Detainee Torture..."

Okay, so... The "Liberal Press" says that Rummy 'okayed' torture. And instantly, I was outraged! I mean, who wouldn't be? Especially since they said: "Abu Graib" in the article, I mean... We all know what happened at Abu Graib, right? It's horrific! He okayed naked piles of men, attacks by dogs? Wiring up prisoners with a battery? This is...

Infamous!

But then... Then, um... You know, I, like, READ, the article. Rummy, did NOT okay any of those things... In fact, he didn't even okay "Water Boarding" which is the "false drowning" torture that has been bandied about lately... No...

He okayed "Sleep Deprivation" and "Loud Music" and oohhh... The horrors... "BEING MADE TO STAND FOR LONG PERIODS OF TIME!!!!!!!!!!!"

Please... My Lady is forced to stand for long periods of time. She's forced to listen to loud HORRIFIC music, like James BLUNT, for chrissakes... And never gets a good night's sleep... And you know what? She's not a prisoner at a U.S. military prison, no... She's an employee at the Mall of America.

Folks... I am completely against torture. Full, bloody, STOP! However, the things that Rummy authorised is NOT torture... It's uncomfortable. It is a tried and true interrogation technique. Hell... Our POLICE do crap like this to teenaged gang-members.

I oppose TORTURE, not "being mean." And although I'm a bleeding heart liberal, and even though I'm VERY against all the Donald Rumsfeld stands for... Saying that he "Authorised Torture" when, blatantly, he DID NOT DO SO, is fugging WRONG!

Jesus-cluny-frog! Let it GO, fellow Liberals... He's gone, okay? Now we begin fixing what the bastard did, whilst in office... However, let's not play "Republican Games" with the truth, okay? I mean... We don't need to make crap up, or 'embellish' the truth... Rummy did PLENTY of REAL things wrong.

Christ on a crutch.

Anyhoo... On a happier note...

I found this fun "Create your own official seal" thing thanks to the City Pages Blotter page...

Here's mine:



Make your own here at: Says-it.com Quick note: on two of my browsers, the "form" on this page that allows you to CREATE your own seal, seems to jump about to the bottom of the window, so... Scroll down, and you'll see the form. Don't ask me. Someone needs to fix their CSS or something.

And two really, really funny videos that I ran across on You Tube:

One for EVERYONE with a bit of a weird sense of humour...



and one for the guys...



Alrighty then... I'm off.... Have a great weekend!

-- Tuckmac