Wednesday, November 15, 2006

It's another day of fun, right?

Sorry... Today there was a great speaker on MPR (well, NPR, actually...) Mel Levine, a neuroscientist at the University of North Carolina gave a speech broadcasted on the Midday programme on MPR, titled: How Children Learn and I was stuck to the radio. I mean, here's a scientist, he has a few issues with public speaking, but he was amusing, and erudite. If you have time, listen to the show.

Anyhoo... In America, there's a big push to "medicate" a "problem child" rather than to get down to the root-causes of the child's behavior. He finds this appalling. And so do I. I'm not going to go into this one any more, except to say to Dr. Levine... "Yeah, that's it!"

Really fun reading if you're interested in "American Politics" is NPR's Political Editor and "Political Junkie" Ken Rudin. His blog-like column:The Political Junkie is a fun/interesting/savvy read. He was on the radio today on my way to work talking a bit about the current situation in Yankee-land... And I was again taken by the fact that the Dems actually took both houses of Congress. I mean, it's been 12 years since the Senate and House have both been Democrat, and I'm still in shock. I know that nothings going to get accomplished this time around either, not with Bushie and his buds still hanging out in the Whitehouse, but... Man. I'm still in a great mood!

Don't say the word: "BOMB" on an airplane. Just DON'T! Gah, what a fugging moron!

Craig Ferguson is just my fave... And here's a video saying good bye to Donald Rumsfeld:


Okay, I'm off... Have a great day, readers... I am.

-- T